Because Ingredients Matter
When Bitter is Better and Pungency Matters
It truly matters what's inside
- Olives are the only ingredient of olive oil
- Olive oil is actually a fruit juice, and has a wide range of delightful flavors and aromas from mild and delicate to robust and intense.
- Fantastic Source of Antioxidants and Healthy Fats -The fat composition of Extra Virgin Olive Oil is also a major contributor to its healthfulness. It’s primarily made up of monounsaturated fat (approximately 73%), a heart healthy fat that is a staple of the Mediterranean diet.
- Cooking With Extra Virgin Olive Oil Can Make Your Food More Nutritious - this is because the antioxidants in Extra Virgin Olive Oil are so resistant to high heat that they don’t break down and instead end up being absorbed by the cooked food. In addition, it also helps the cooked food to retain some nutrients that are usually lost through cooking
- Memory boost - Oleic acid or monounsaturated fat is used as an excipient in pharmaceuticals and as an emulsifying or solubilizing agent in aerosol products. It may hinder the progression of adrenoleukodystrophy, a fatal disease that affects the brain and adrenal glands, and it may help boost memory.
- Fat is a macronutrient with many benefits, it helps to process your vitamins one of which is the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
- Extra virgin olive oil is helpful when it comes to digestion, it has a high rate of digestion a). Fundamental for children to whom it offers a large supply of monounsaturated fat, b). for athletes because it guarantees readily digestible energy and c). for the elderly in whom life expectancy increases.
- Infant feeding: from a physiological point of view, extra virgin olive oil is considered the most suitable fat for infant feeding due to the presence of linoleic acid in it in a similar percentage to that present in breast milk.
- Nutrition of the elderly: the biological value of extra virgin olive oil lies in promoting the absorption of essential vitamins, in particular A and D, and essential polyunsaturated fatty acids that condition a better and more stable balance of fats.
- Bitter and Spicy taste means quality of the olive oil and it comes from presence of the antioxidant polyphenols
- An important element of balance in a diet, olive oil is a source of well-being and pleasure for those who consume it regularly.
- Sautéing (stewing), Roasting, Grilling, Baking, Frying - you name it! EVOO fits all cooking methods.
- It is obtained by pressing olives grown in the regions, which hold a long tradition in the production of olives and extra virgin olive oil.